Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Auto Insurance Information
If you’re a driver in California, you’re probably aware of how dangerous the road can be. Distracted driving is one of the major causes of crash-related deaths across the U.S., including in California. Although you drive carefully, you can’t always be sure that other drivers will do the same.
At Academy West Insurance, we know the ins and outs of car insurance for California drivers and understand the risks you face on the road. We work hard to match each client with a reliable policy at a competitive price.
Is Auto Insurance Required in California?
To drive legally in California, you must carry:
- $15,000 in bodily injury liability per person
- $30,000 in bodily injury liability per accident
- $5,000 in property damage liability
This isn’t the only coverage you need, though! Liability insurance only covers damages or injuries you cause to someone else while driving. It doesn’t cover damage to your car or medical bills for your passengers. We recommend that, along with liability insurance, you carry:
- Comprehensive Coverage: This coverage provides compensation for damages done to your vehicle by fire, wind, hail, theft, vandalism and other incidents not involving collision.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage provides compensation for damages that arise due to a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, or PIP, helps with medical expenses for you and your passengers after an accident, no matter who is at-fault.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: If you crash with an uninsured motorist, this coverage helps pay for the damages.
The amount of coverage you need depends on your vehicle and your budget. Academy West Insurance will tailor a policy for the right amount of coverage at an affordable price.
Get Insured Today
The insurance experts at Academy West Insurance are eager to help you find a policy that checks all the boxes: a policy that is comprehensive, easy and affordable. Don’t wait until after an accident to get insured. Give us a call at (559) 875-7700 or fill out an online form for a free quote to get started today!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Many Auto Claims Can You Have Before Insurance Cancels?
This depends on the situation and can vary by agency. In general, filing more than one claim a year could lead to your insurance dropping you. This is especially true if the claims are seen as fraudulent.
How Much Does Auto Insurance Increase After an Accident?
On average, your car insurance rates will rise by 31 percent after an at-fault accident, depending on how much damage is done.
What Auto Insurance is Required by Law?
California law requires you to carry bodily injury liability, property damage liability and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. The uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage can be denied if you can provide proof of financial responsibility, which means you have enough money to pay for damages in an accident.